Access a 'remote' Access DB through ADO

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by CJM, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. CJM

    CJM Guest

    I have an intranet-based app that links to an Access DB. It works fine on my
    developement machine, but if I place the DB on a different server, I have
    problems - the JET Engine (ADO) complains that the DB is "...already opened
    exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

    Connection Strings:
    Application("Connection") = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    Source=c:\mydb.mdb"
    Application("Connection") = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    Source=\\server\dir\mydb.mdb"

    The first works, the second doesn't.

    I'm not entirely surprised at this, but I'm wondering if there are any
    tweaks or workarounds?
    I'm assuming it is a permissions issue, but how can I give my IUSR (local)
    account access rights to a domain??

    Any suggestions?

    TIA

    Chris