Access a 'remote' Access DB through ADO

CJM

I have an intranet-based app that links to an Access DB. It works fine on my
developement machine, but if I place the DB on a different server, I have
problems - the JET Engine (ADO) complains that the DB is "...already opened
exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

Connection Strings:
Application("Connection") = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=c:\mydb.mdb"
Application("Connection") = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
Source=\\server\dir\mydb.mdb"

The first works, the second doesn't.

I'm not entirely surprised at this, but I'm wondering if there are any
tweaks or workarounds?
I'm assuming it is a permissions issue, but how can I give my IUSR (local)
account access rights to a domain??

Any suggestions?

TIA

Chris