ACCESS AN ACCESS DATABASE FROM ASP.NET INTRANET SCENARIO

kmccoskey

I'm trying to access an access database on the file server from a web server
using asp.net and IIS 6.0. I can do it when I have anonymous access enabled
in IIS 6.0 as in the public internet web site style. I want to do the same
with the intranet setup where IIS 6.0 is not setup to allow anonymous access.
The way the intranet works is the user authenticates to the IIS 6.0 web
server through group membership in an active directory domain. The user who
accesses a web page and tries to load information from a database is unable
to even when the user has access to the database through the user's domain
account. When anonymous access is enable in IIS 6.0, the IUSR account is
used to access the database and that works.

kmccoskey

I'm trying to access an access database on the file server from a web server
using asp.net and IIS 6.0. I can do it when I have anonymous access enabled
in IIS 6.0 as in the public internet web site style. I want to do the same
with the intranet setup where IIS 6.0 is not setup to allow anonymous access.
The way the intranet works is the user authenticates to the IIS 6.0 web
server through group membership in an active directory domain. The user who
accesses a web page and tries to load information from a database is unable
to even when the user has access to the database through the user's domain
account. When anonymous access is enable in IIS 6.0 the IUSR account is used
to access the database and that works. Is there a way to login to the remote
host from inside the asp.net code to get access to the database?

Paul Clement

¤ I'm trying to access an access database on the file server from a web server
¤ using asp.net and IIS 6.0. I can do it when I have anonymous access enabled
¤ in IIS 6.0 as in the public internet web site style. I want to do the same
¤ with the intranet setup where IIS 6.0 is not setup to allow anonymous access.
¤ The way the intranet works is the user authenticates to the IIS 6.0 web
¤ server through group membership in an active directory domain. The user who
¤ accesses a web page and tries to load information from a database is unable
¤ to even when the user has access to the database through the user's domain
¤ account. When anonymous access is enable in IIS 6.0, the IUSR account is
¤ used to access the database and that works.

What level of security is the web app configured for? Basic? Integrated Windows?

Is impersonation enabled?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)