    into ASP. Is this the only way? Can one use the VBA code inside ASP with
    translating the VBA into ASP?
    Thanx

    martin, May 25, 2005

  2. martin

    McKirahan Guest

    "martin" <> wrote in message
    news:08Zke.2850$...
    > I have a front end with all the code and a backend with some tables. Want
    > to convert this into website database. Most probably convert the frontend
    > into ASP. Is this the only way? Can one use the VBA code inside ASP with
    > translating the VBA into ASP?
    > Thanx

    ASP (Active Server Pages) is a technology not a language.

    VBScript (VBS) is often used to write ASP logic.

    Your VBA front-end can be converted to VBS.

    Please clarify what you're statrting with.

    McKirahan, May 25, 2005

  3. martin wrote:
    > I have a front end with all the code and a backend with some tables. Want
    > to convert this into website database. Most probably convert
    > the frontend into ASP. Is this the only way?

    Unless they've vastly improved the Data Access Pages technology since the
    last time I saw it, then yes, conversion to ASP will be necessary.

    > Can one use the VBA
    > code inside ASP with translating the VBA into ASP?
    > Thanx

    First of all, you will be translating the VBA code to a scripting language,
    probably vbscript: ASP is not a language. ASP is a platform that supports
    several scripting languages, including vbscript and jscript.

    Secondly, VBA will not run natively in an ASP page. You will need to at
    least revise the code, since html objects have properties and method that
    are not the same as Access objects. For example, there is no such thing as a
    Combo box in html, so any code you have dealing with combo boxes will need
    to be rewritten.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --