Access ASP

martin

I have a front end with all the code and a backend with some tables. Want
to convert this into website database. Most probably convert the frontend
into ASP. Is this the only way? Can one use the VBA code inside ASP with
translating the VBA into ASP?
Thanx

McKirahan

martin said:
I have a front end with all the code and a backend with some tables. Want
to convert this into website database. Most probably convert the frontend
into ASP. Is this the only way? Can one use the VBA code inside ASP with
translating the VBA into ASP?
Thanx

ASP (Active Server Pages) is a technology not a language.

VBScript (VBS) is often used to write ASP logic.

Your VBA front-end can be converted to VBS.

Please clarify what you're statrting with.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

martin said:
I have a front end with all the code and a backend with some tables. Want
to convert this into website database. Most probably convert
the frontend into ASP. Is this the only way?

Unless they've vastly improved the Data Access Pages technology since the
last time I saw it, then yes, conversion to ASP will be necessary.
Can one use the VBA
code inside ASP with translating the VBA into ASP?
Thanx

First of all, you will be translating the VBA code to a scripting language,
probably vbscript: ASP is not a language. ASP is a platform that supports
several scripting languages, including vbscript and jscript.

Secondly, VBA will not run natively in an ASP page. You will need to at
least revise the code, since html objects have properties and method that
are not the same as Access objects. For example, there is no such thing as a
Combo box in html, so any code you have dealing with combo boxes will need
to be rewritten.

HTH,
Bob Barrows