Access connections problems

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Stefan, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Stefan

    Stefan Guest

    I get the following error when trying connect to an Access db on the
    local drive.

    Error Type:
    Provider (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error
    /ndss/sdd/concierge/For_sale.asp, line 34

    The weird thing is that teh connection works Sometimes. So if I
    connect and get data back, I need to wait about 1 minute to do it
    again or I get this error.

    I've checked that the internet user has access to the directory and
    the db file. I've also gone through the various possible solutions
    that Microsoft gives for error 0x80004005.

    ANy ideas about what might be the problem?

    Please email me a

    Stefan, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Stefan

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Guessing that the DB is being opened and not closed so you are getting
    simultaneous calls.

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    http://www.Darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 25, 2003