Access Control. Please, need help. I tried everything I could think.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Dec 15, 2006.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I am creating a web site with nested master pages.
    Inside of one of this master pages I added a user control.

    I need to access an Asp.Net Panel which is inside Global.master from my
    UserControl.ascx.vb.

    How can I do this?

    I tried this:
    Dim myPanel As Panel = CType(Page.Master.FindControl("Panel1"), Panel)

    I also tried to create a property, of type control, in my user control
    which I would set in my master page indicating to my user control the
    control Panel1.

    In my Master page I couldn't get the property to be identified.

    Could someone tell me how to solve this?

    Thanks,
    Miguel

    shapper, Dec 15, 2006