    There's asp pages calling it. The gals that use it said they used to be able
    to get into the access database at anytime and modify it without the asp
    pages locking up. Does anyone know how this could occur?

    Jess, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Are the users ever presented with an error message?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 7, 2005

  3. Jess

    Jess Guest

    When the asp pages & database were on the old box they never got any error
    messages except when I, the developer, opened the database thru file
    explorer. Now it's on a different box and they too get the error message
    saying it's in use by another user. And the guy updating the database thru
    asp can't accomplish the updating. Which makes sense to me. Would any of
    this be affected by permissions if the database was on a different share than
    the web was?

    Jess, Dec 8, 2005
  4. All users of an Access database require Modify permissions for the folder
    containing the database in order to allow multi-user activity to be allowed.
    This means that if your site is using Anonymous access, then the IUSR and
    IWAM accounts must b e granted Modify permissions for that folder. If using
    Integrated security, then the actual users need those permissions.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 8, 2005