    on another computer in the same domain.
    which connection string i must use ? can we post an example ?

    thank's

    Trinità, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Ciao Trinità,

    In a default configuration, ASP pages run under the IIS server's local
    account called IUSR_computername. If this user tries to access a share on
    another computer, it will be denied access to it, because the other computer
    is not familiar with the account computername\IUSR_computername. What you
    can do is create an account in your domain, setup your page, application, or
    site to use this user instead of IUSR_computername, and then grant that user
    the necessary NTFS and share permissions to the share on the other server.
    At that point, you'd use a normal Access database connection string, but
    you'd use a UNC path to the database, i.e.

    sConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=\\FileServerName\ShareName\DatabaseName.mdb;"

    Also, see the "If the file is within your LAN" section here for other
    options. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 14, 2004

  3. Trinità

    Trinità Guest

    "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:

    > Ciao Trinità,
    >
    > In a default configuration, ASP pages run under the IIS server's local
    > account called IUSR_computername. If this user tries to access a share on
    > another computer, it will be denied access to it, because the other computer
    > is not familiar with the account computername\IUSR_computername. What you
    > can do is create an account in your domain, setup your page, application, or
    > site to use this user instead of IUSR_computername, and then grant that user
    > the necessary NTFS and share permissions to the share on the other server.
    > At that point, you'd use a normal Access database connection string, but
    > you'd use a UNC path to the database, i.e.
    >
    > sConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    > Source=\\FileServerName\ShareName\DatabaseName.mdb;"
    >
    > Also, see the "If the file is within your LAN" section here for other
    > options. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "Trinità" <Trinità@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Excuse me for my english, i'm Italian.
    > > I have iis and asp page on my computer, but the databse (access database)
    > > is
    > > on another computer in the same domain.
    > > which connection string i must use ? can we post an example ?
    > >
    > > thank's

    ok thanks !

    Trinità, Oct 14, 2004