    be much appreciated

    All the best
    Phil

    news.microsoft.com, Jan 19, 2006

  2. http://www.xlinesoft.com/asprunner/...ase_engine_cannot open the file (unknown).htm
    --
    Milosz Skalecki
    MCP, MCAD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlsb3N6IFNrYWxlY2tp?=, Jan 19, 2006

  3. I've set the permissions for "Everyone" for this folder so they can
    read/write/delete everything but running though IIS still gives the error

    Visual Web Developer still runs fine

    Thanks for the help but I am still stuck here
    Thanks
    Phil

    news.microsoft.com, Jan 19, 2006
  4. thanks - I think I've found the solution

    it works now that I've set the options on the MDB files rather just the
    parent folder. Not sure if this is right but it works

    Thanks
    Phil

    phil cunningham, Jan 19, 2006
  5. I thought I had it working but....

    Everythin works with Visual Web Developer but the trouble starts when
    viewing through IIS

    I have read about setting the permissions for the folder and files. I do
    this and it fixes the problem.

    However, as soon as I open and close the database using Access, it seems as
    if the permission is reset and viewing the site via IIS fails again.

    Does anyone know why this should be happening.

    All help is very much appreciated

    phil cunningham, Jan 20, 2006
  6. just to follow on with this I have looked at the permissions on my MDB file

    I set them to allow IUSR_SERVER01 full access
    Everything works fine
    I open and close the database in Access and the permission for IUSR_SERVER01
    has been removed!

    Why does opening and closing an access MDB file change the permissions that
    I give it?

    This is the cause of my problem but I have no idea as to the solution

    Hope this gives enough information
    Phil

    phil cunningham, Jan 20, 2006
  7. Moving forward

    Within Access I had the option Compact on Close turned on
    I turned this off and the permissions stayed fixed - this may be the
    solution.

    Anyone had any experience with this?

    phil cunningham, Jan 20, 2006
  8. news.microsoft.com

    jeeperinaz

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Same problem

    I have the same problem. although i now get "unknown error". I miss xp.. lol
    I've read a lot of internet sites where people are having problems with permissions. no real solution found yet..

    jeeperinaz, Jan 24, 2010
  9. news.microsoft.com

    jeeperinaz

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    I just figured it out..
    I had to add "iis_iusrs" as a user and set up the permissions to my temp folder.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Application Data

    What a pain in the ass it has been to get windows 7 to run a classic asp website running off an access 97 database. Sheesh.. i do miss xp sometimes..

    jeeperinaz, Jan 24, 2010