Access DB Upgrade

leonaisse

Hi

I have an existing Access DB that consists of tables, forms, queries and
reports. I need to get it online and into SQL server, what is the quickest
and best way to do this? Is there a magical export procedure to turn the
forms into webpages with the data driving it and also export the reports and
queries? or do i need to upsize the data and build the forms and reports by
again online?

Thanks for your help

sloan

//Is there a magical export procedure to turn the
forms into webpages with the data driving it and also export the reports and
queries?//

Ha, you're joking , right?

You'll be able to extract out your Tables and Queries at best.

You'd be best off to zap your forms and reports.

Welcome to the hard lesson on non layered/tiered development, and what
happens when you need a different presentation layer, and different backend
database.

Here is a decent example to get you started down the correct path:

http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/blog/
5/24/2006
Custom Objects/Collections and Tiered Development

PS
I think when Access 2000 was released, there was some kind of web interface
tools. I don't know, its been way too long, and it was a deficient method
to have a web enabled application.