    rsfree.Open freetsql,calConn,3 %>

    ???
    Muench

    J. Muenchbourg, Aug 8, 2003

  2. J. Muenchbourg

    Ray at Guest

    Try this connection string:

    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    Server.Mappath("diary.mdb")
    OLEDB

    Then, after that's all working, go to
    http://yoursite.com/TheDirectoryWithTheDB/diary.mdb and notice that you are
    prompted to download your database. Anyone would be able to download your
    database that way.

    For further information on the error you received, read
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2009.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 8, 2003

  3. J. Muenchbourg

    Mats Guest

    Then, after that's all working, go to
    http://yoursite.com/TheDirectoryWithTheDB/diary.mdb and notice that you are
    prompted to download your database. Anyone would be able to download your
    database that way.
    Yes, just checked. How could we avoid that?
    Mats

    Mats, Aug 8, 2003
  4. J. Muenchbourg

    Ray at Guest

    Do not keep your mdb file in your website's directory structure. I.E.

    Physical path on server to .htm/.asp files:
    D:\Websites\Website1

    Put mdb databases elsewhere, like:
    D:\Databases\Website1\diary.mdb

    When you do that, your Server.MapPath will no longer work, since that will
    no longer be the path to your DB, but I think that's a minor tradeoff. You
    could keep the path to your DB in an application variable or a global
    constant. More on this topic can be found at:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2454
    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 8, 2003