ACCESS DENIED 404 -- Simple Question

Temp

I have created a webservice that currently exists on my localhost. I have no
trouble creating an instance of the service in my ASP application, but
everything blows up when I try to instantiate one of the public methods. The
error returned tells me that access is denied.

Is there a setting either in the web.config file or IIS that I need to
adjust in order for the service to be made public?

Thanks ,

Ron

--
_____________________________
Ron Rodenberg

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Is it possible that you have switched off Anonymous access in IIS or have some
other type of ASP.NET authentication running?

You might want to try stepping through with a debugger to see more detail about
the failure point.

I have created a webservice that currently exists on my localhost. I have no
trouble creating an instance of the service in my ASP application, but
everything blows up when I try to instantiate one of the public methods. The
error returned tells me that access is denied.

Is there a setting either in the web.config file or IIS that I need to
adjust in order for the service to be made public?

Thanks ,

Ron

--
_____________________________
Ron Rodenberg
Lead Software Engineer
Razorvision Technology, Inc.
(214) 207-1688

Munsifali Rashid

Have you tried testing the webservice using the test form? You could try
building the the webservice in debug mode, and then test it using the test
form. This will tell you which line in your public method is causing the
access denied error.

Mun