Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is: {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-0000000000

c.verma

I have a web based (forms based authentication) asp.net application
that uses .NET remoting. It has web.config.remoting with all the
required settings in it. As soon as it tries to access the website, it
threw an error:
Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is:
{000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} The user is ASPNET/ServerName,
SID=S-1-5-21-1606980848-602162358-1801674531-1007.

I tried to find the answer on the groups and the problem as Microsoft
site states is that DCOM server is failing to launch Machine Debug
Manager. They give the possible solution also on the following link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290398. BUT this solution DOESN'T seem
to be working too!

To let the site work, I had to change the following in machine.config:
<processmodel username="machine">
<processmodel username="system">
The web application works just fine.

HOWEVER, this solution exposes the server. Which means this is NOT the
right solution. At the same time, no where I have been able to find the
answer to my problem. And also why is the very idea of using
username="system" being used even though it is not safe??

Chanda.