Access Denied Error comes when i send FAX

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Patel Mitesh, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Patel Mitesh

    Patel Mitesh Guest

    Hi all,

    I have made one FAX application using FAXCOMLib on Windows 2003.

    Dim FS As New FAXCOMLib.FaxServer
    Dim FD As FAXCOMLib.FaxDoc

    FS.Connect(ServerToConnect.Trim())
    FD = FS.CreateDocument("C:\FAX.DOC")
    FD.FileName = C:\FAX.DOC
    FD.FaxNumber = "1234567789"
    FD.DiscountSend = 0
    FD.SendCoverpage = 0
    faxcnt = FD.Send()
    FS.Disconnect()

    IT gives Exception at the time of Executin of FD.Send() Method.

    The exception is mentioned below:

    {"Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"}
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: {"Access is denied. (Exception from
    HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"}
    Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
    HelpLink: Nothing
    InnerException: Nothing
    Message: "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005
    (E_ACCESSDENIED))"
    Source: "Interop.FAXCOMLib"
    StackTrace: " at FAXCOMLib.IFaxDoc.Send()
    at FaxApplication.Upload_Files.FaxTheFiles() in
    F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Fax2\Upload_Files.aspx.vb:line 160"
    TargetSite: {System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo}

    I really required ur help?
    Pls help me to solve this problem
    Thanks in Advance.

    Bye
    Patel Mitesh, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Patel Mitesh

    Rob @ ISU Guest

    My guess is it doesn't like the .doc file type.
    Rob @ ISU, Oct 4, 2006

  3. Patel Mitesh

    Patel Mitesh Guest

    Hi Rob,

    Ya there is not a problem with .doc file but it is related services which
    FAX service use and I have to give Permission to that services. but actually
    i dont know which services is used during fax sending except FAX Services.

    Thansk for your reply

    Patel Mitesh, Oct 5, 2006