Access denied error message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Bragadiru, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. Bragadiru

    Bragadiru Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm getting an "Access denied" error message on
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ when
    I'm trying to access my asp.net 2.0 webservice on a new Windows Server 2003
    R2.
    IT guy applied corporate policy on the server (=removing different users
    (especially Everyone)+local rights). I had to add Everyone with full rights
    on this temp folder to get my webservice run.
    Also, I found this usefull link :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kwzs111e.aspx

    but I don't want to set the rights manually for NetworkService account.

    At cmd : aspnet_regiis -i will solve the rights pb ? Or I need to reinstall
    the .NET Framework 2.0 ?

    I don't have (full) access to the server to try different solutions => next
    week I need to come up with a solution and instruct the IT guy what to do.

    Thanks for any advice
    Bragadiru, Feb 15, 2007