Access Denied error while accessing a DCOM Component from VB.Net application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nikhil.bharathesh@gmail.com, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a DCOM being referenced in my Web APP(VB.NET). in one of the
    classes i try to instantiate a Cl(VB.Net)ass present in my DCOM
    component. While doing the same i get this error :

    "Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is
    denied.

    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
    ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS
    5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
    impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
    impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user
    (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in
    Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add"
    to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account,
    and check the boxes for the desired access.

    Source Error:

    Line 418: End Function
    Line 419: Public Function Login(ByVal username As String, ByVal
    password As String) As DataTable
    Line 420: Dim sPWEncrypter As SEAESLib.AES = New
    SEAESLib.AES
    Line 421: Dim sEncryptedPassword =
    sPWEncrypter.AESE(password)
    Line 422:".

    I have granted permissions for APNET account for that DLL. Still id t
    doesnt work. Tried "<identity impersonate="true" <USername>=<value>
    <password> =<value> . Still doesnt work.

    Please help

    , Aug 30, 2006