Access denied for a web project to "Temporary ASP.NET Files"

Guest

I have a VS 2003 VB web project which works fine, in IE, debug....After
several browsing in IE or debugging several ti;mes I start to get the ugly
error "Configuration Error ", Access is denied: 'mydll', and the following
line in red color in the ouput

"Line 200: <add assembly="*" />"
Source File:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
200
Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly mydll could not be loaded.

I strated to check my machine, went to the directory "v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files" and discovered that I can manipulate all subdirectories
except the directory where my project resides in. I can not display its
content not delete.

I do several iisreset without any success, I need to reboot the machine so
it works.

I would appreciate your help.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my understanding, this kind of "Access Denied" problem when
generating or loading assembly is very likely related to a background
Anti-Virus or Indexing service. You can find more information here:

#Diagnose "Access Denied" error on Assembly Loading
http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2004/10/09/240355.aspx

If you do have an Anti-Virus or Indexing service running in the background,
you may try excluding the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder from the service
and see if it works.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support