Access denied for IUSER

Sharif

Hi all, I look after an intranet site. Our server is Windows 2000 running IIS
5. Access to pages on our intranet has always been done using the Anonymous
Account. When I user the Iuser it give me Access denied error
In my web.config I set up the access like

<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="domain\Administrator"
users=†domain \Iuser" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

</system.web>

and it is not working

thanks

Raterus

the iuser account shouldn't be a domain account, but a computer level account. But you are specifying it like a domain account in web.config.

I don't honestly see why you need to configure web.config like this though, if it is anonymous, it will always hit your application with the same exact credentails. Usually you configure these types of authorizations when you have windows or forms authentication where different accounts with different levels of security can interact with your site differently.

--Michael