access denied - NETWORK SERVICE

buran

Dear ASP.NET Programmers,

I encountered the following problem when running my project:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE'

This component was working for months without any problem. I searched the
net for the solution, but suggested solutions did not help me. I don't use
the Indexing Service. When running Filemon from Sysinternals freeware, I
encountered the following line:

23962 23:55:50 w3wp.exe:1848 IRP_MJ_CREATE
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\database2\bin\ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE.DLL
ACCESS DENIED NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

I hope I can find help here. Thanks in advance,

Burak

Natty Gur

Hi,

Did you check if Indexing Service is running stop it?

this from Infragistics support:"
We have found there are a few ways to alleviate this message. First,
delete your BIN folder of the project, reboot and recompile your
project. If this does not completely work, another suggestion is to
disable Indexing Service and setting it to manual so it does not
auto-start again. This is one way to fix it, however indexing is useful,
and does not need to be turned off all together. Instead, go to the
Microsoft Managment Console and expand "Services and Applications" then
"Indexing Service" ->System ->Directories. In the directories, you can
explicitly add "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary
ASP.NET Files" and set it NOT to be indexed. This should fix the problem
without having to turn indexing off all together.
"

if you still get that error can you send output window text.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377