access denied - NETWORK SERVICE

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by buran, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. buran

    buran Guest

    Dear ASP.NET Programmers,

    I encountered the following problem when running my project:

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE'

    This component was working for months without any problem. I searched the
    net for the solution, but suggested solutions did not help me. I don't use
    the Indexing Service. When running Filemon from Sysinternals freeware, I
    encountered the following line:

    23962 23:55:50 w3wp.exe:1848 IRP_MJ_CREATE
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\database2\bin\ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE.DLL
    ACCESS DENIED NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

    I hope I can find help here. Thanks in advance,

    Burak

    buran, Jul 5, 2004

  2. buran

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Did you check if Indexing Service is running stop it?

    this from Infragistics support:"
    We have found there are a few ways to alleviate this message. First,
    delete your BIN folder of the project, reboot and recompile your
    project. If this does not completely work, another suggestion is to
    disable Indexing Service and setting it to manual so it does not
    auto-start again. This is one way to fix it, however indexing is useful,
    and does not need to be turned off all together. Instead, go to the
    Microsoft Managment Console and expand "Services and Applications" then
    "Indexing Service" ->System ->Directories. In the directories, you can
    explicitly add "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files" and set it NOT to be indexed. This should fix the problem
    without having to turn indexing off all together.
    "

    if you still get that error can you send output window text.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377

    Natty Gur, Jul 6, 2004

  3. buran

    buran Guest

    Hi,

    The dll is not read-only. What else can you suggest me?

    Regards,

    Burak

    "Somu Jayabalan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Remove the readonly attribute of this dll. This may help u
    >
    > Regards
    > Somu
    >
    > "buran" wrote:
    >
    > > Dear ASP.NET Programmers,
    > >
    > > I encountered the following problem when running my project:
    > >
    > > Configuration Error

    file
    > > required to service this request. Please review the specific error

    details

    buran, Jul 8, 2004