Access denied, No indexing service running

Guest

Hi
I am trying to figure out why an application get this error when I am trying to open the application's asmx file from localhost. I don't have indexing service running(it set as manual and not started). I also created an .aspx file to do testing
The .aspx file opens fine in other directory from IE. As long as I put it in the application's directory, set a virtual directory
trying to open it, it also gives me the following error. I don't know what configuration is not setting right. Pls help

Jame

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'CISFramework'

Source Error:

Line 197: <add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/
Line 198: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/
Line 199: <add assembly="*"/
Line 200: </assemblies
Line 201

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Line: 199

KS

jliusolar said:
Hi ,
I am trying to figure out why an application get this error when I am trying to open the application's asmx file from localhost. I don't have indexing service running(it set as manual and not started). I also created an .aspx file to do testing.
The .aspx file opens fine in other directory from IE. As long as I put it in the application's directory, set a virtual directory,
trying to open it, it also gives me the following error. I don't know what configuration is not setting right. Pls help.

James

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'CISFramework'.

Source Error:

Line 197: <add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 199: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 200: </assemblies>
Line 201:

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Line: 199

I am having basic an identical issue. no indexing service is running
on my server. Any suggestions?

Thx,
KS

Chee Seong Ong

Have you tried the steps recommended in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329065

This reply is provided AS IS, without warranty (express or implied).

--------------------
From: (e-mail address removed) (KS)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Subject: Re: Access denied, No indexing service running
Date: 27 Jan 2004 21:38:31 -0800

jliusolar <[email protected]> wrote in message
trying to open the application's asmx file from localhost. I don't have
indexing service running(it set as manual and not started). I also created
an .aspx file to do testing.file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Line:
199

David Ginn

I just got off the phone with MS. I was receiving the same "access is
denied" message when I moved the site to my clients to their Domain
controller (I know, IIS should not be running on the DC) running Small
Business Server. I needed to add the IWAM_<machine name> account to my
dll. Everything worked from there.

Hope this helps.
David