Access denied to file from ServicedComponent

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by VK, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. VK

    VK Guest

    I would greatly appreciate help on issue that looks as have been resolved
    before:

    I wrote a ServicedComponent that reads and writes files to a folder on a
    network share.
    Platform is Windows 2000.
    It gets called by ASPNET (local account) that do not have access to the
    folder.
    But I configured this component to run as Server ([assembly:
    ApplicationActivation(ActivationOption.Server)]) with following settings:
    [assembly:
    ApplicationAccessControl(true,AccessChecksLevel=AccessChecksLevelOption.ApplicationComponent,
    Authentication=AuthenticationOption.Packet,
    ImpersonationLevel=ImpersonationLevelOption.Impersonate)]

    I set Identity to run under my domain account (in development environment).
    I put this component into GAC and registered with regsvcs.exe

    component method has line like:

    FileInfo _file = new FileInfo("\\server01\share$\Data\somefile.pdf");

    I am not getting any Exception, but in Wahtch window I see following:

    ((System.MarshalByRefObject)(((System.IO.FileSystemInfo)(_file))))
    __identity <undefined value> System.Object

    ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED 5 int
    ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER 87 int
    Length <error: an exception of type: {System.IO.IOException} occurred> long

    That makes me think that I am missing something in configuration of the
    Component.
    Again, I would heartly apprecciate any clue on what I am missing with this
    Component.

    VK, Nov 7, 2004