access denied to xml on another machine

serdar Sultanoglu

Hello,
My HTML page loads and alerts an XML document on another machine. If I
request the page by machine name or localhost there is no problem. If
i request by IP access denied error occurs.

I think this is because of that only the documents on same machine can
be loaded.
Is there any way to load xml documents from another machine?
Thanks,

here is my HTML page

<script type = text/javascript>
var xml=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xml.async=false
xml.load("http://195.174.145.91/xml/1.xml")
alert(xml.xml)
</script>

if URL of HTML :
http://localhost/1.html --> OK
http://serdar/1.html --> OK
http://198.147.166.110/1.html --> access is denied

Han

Not XML issue but cross-domain access violation. Do the same in server-side
script on the same domain, and get it from the client-side on the same
domain.