Access Denied using Windows Authentication. WSE 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Chey Zaga, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Chey Zaga

    Chey Zaga Guest

    Subject: Access Denied using Windows Authentication. WSE 2.0

    When using custom authentication (using the UsernameTokenManager interface.)
    I am able to log in, but can't authenticate using windows authentication.

    System:
    XP pro work station.

    My domain login had administrative privileges on my machine.

    WSE 2.0

    IIS: I checked off the anonymous access on the web service virtual
    directory.

    I have both the client and the web service on my local machine.

    Error I am getting:

    System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access
    Denied. at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
    Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCall) at
    methodName, Object[] parameters) at
    WebService1Client.WeblogProxy2.Service1Wse.Test() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice1client\web
    references\weblogproxy2\reference.cs:line 37 at
    WebService1Client.ClientCredentialsProxy.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs
    e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice1client\clientcredentialsproxy.aspx.cs:line 52

    Client Code:

    // Create a UsernameToken

    UsernameToken token = new UsernameToken( Username, Password,,
    PasswordOption.SendPlainText);

    // Create an instance of the proxy

    WeblogProxy2.Service1Wse proxy = new WeblogProxy2.Service1Wse();

    // Add the SecurityToken to the Request
    Contextproxy.RequestSoapContext.Security.Tokens.Add( token );

    try

    {

    string xx = proxy.Test();

    }