Access denied when calling COM component.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Rudy Meijer, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Rudy Meijer

    Rudy Meijer Guest

    Hello,

    I try to convert a VB6 application to an ASP Web
    application. This application uses a COM component to
    access data on a remote server.

    When I call a methode of this COM object I get the
    message: "Access denied, The ASP.NET application is not
    authorized to access the requested resource".
    Below you see the code fragment and the line where the
    error occurs.

    AMOpenVault oVault = new AMOpenVaultClass();
    AmVaultLink vl = oVault.SelectedVault;
    vl.MachineName = "myServer";
    vl.VaultName = "myTestDatabase";
    -> vl.CreateVault(AsyncErrorSink);

    When I paste above code in a Console application it works
    perfect!

    This is what i have done.

    1) Create new ASP project .
    2) Add project reference to the desired COM
    (Interop.AMVaultLib)
    3) Calling a methode (CreateVault)

    Giving the ASPNET account administator privileges does not
    solve the problem.

    Aditional info: W2000 SP2, Framework 1.0, IIS 5.0
    My question is: Which resource is ment?

    Thanks in advance.

    Rudy Meijer, Sep 22, 2003