Access denied when calling COM component.

Rudy Meijer

Hello,

I try to convert a VB6 application to an ASP Web
application. This application uses a COM component to
access data on a remote server.

When I call a methode of this COM object I get the
message: "Access denied, The ASP.NET application is not
authorized to access the requested resource".
Below you see the code fragment and the line where the
error occurs.

AMOpenVault oVault = new AMOpenVaultClass();
AmVaultLink vl = oVault.SelectedVault;
vl.MachineName = "myServer";
vl.VaultName = "myTestDatabase";
-> vl.CreateVault(AsyncErrorSink);

When I paste above code in a Console application it works
perfect!

This is what i have done.

1) Create new ASP project .
2) Add project reference to the desired COM
(Interop.AMVaultLib)
3) Calling a methode (CreateVault)

Giving the ASPNET account administator privileges does not
solve the problem.

Aditional info: W2000 SP2, Framework 1.0, IIS 5.0
My question is: Which resource is ment?

Thanks in advance.