    Is there a way to bypass "restricted/protected" directories to
    retrieve just the name and size of it.

    Thanks for your help!

    DM, Jun 25, 2004

  2. DM

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    You say that the account has "admin rights" - admin rights to the remote
    share? Or admin rights locally? The account needs to have appropriate rights
    to the remote share (share permissions), and files & folders (NTFS
    permissions).

    Cheers
    Ken

    "DM" <> wrote in message
    : Hi, I am reading directory information (directory name and size) on
    : another server. I am impersonating a user account via web.config.
    : This account has admin rights but I get this: "Exception Details:
    : System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    : "\\crwfs1\projects13\HR Test" is denied."
    :

    Ken Schaefer, Jun 28, 2004