Access denied while calling COM+ component from web wervice

Hidden Desi

Hello,
I am trying to provide a web service layer on top of
legacy VB 6.0 COM+ component. I will be calling my web
service from ASP.NET pages (which are hosted on another
web server) and web service will in turn invoke the COM+
component.

The problem is that I am receiving "Access Denied" error
while calling COM+ component from web service. COM+
component is a simple VB 6.0 component that runs under the
identity of a domain account.

This is what I did:

(1) Installed VB 6.0 COM component in COM+ server
application and set the Identity of the application (On
Identity tab in COM+) to the domain account.
(2) Created a RCW for the VB 6.0 component using tlbimp.exe
(3) Created a web services project and added a reference
to the previously created RCW
(4) Called a method on web service that creates above
mentioned RCW object and calls a method on it; as soon as
the object creation call is run in web service method,
System.UnauthorizedAccessException is raised.

Important exception details are as follows:

COMPlusExceptionCode ==>> 0xe0434f4d
HResult ==>> 0x80070005
Message ==>> "Access is denied."

I have following software:
* .NET Framework 1.1
* Windows 2003 Enterprise Server (In production,
application will run on Windows 2000 and .NET framework
1.1)
* IIS 6.0
* COM+ 1.5

I have following security settings:

* IIS authentication is set to Annonymous
* <authentication> mode is set to "None" in web service
config file
* Apart from that <authentication> element, web.config and
machine.config files have all default settings; that means
no impersonation, and request is run under default ASPNET
account.

What am I doing wrong here? Currently all component are on
the same machine! Please help me out here; It is very
urgent and I would really greatly appreciate any help in
this regard.

Thanks,
Hidden Desi

By the way, I have already gone through the following
article (Knowledge Base Q325791)
PRB: "Access Denied" Error Message Occurs When You
Impersonate an Account in ASP.NET and Then Call STA COM
Components

According to this article:
AspCompat is not available for Web Services (.asmx) so you
must take a different approach. If the impersonated
account is static, which means that you specify a userName
and a password in the <identity> tag of Web.config or
Machine.config, or if you always programmatically
impersonate the same account, you can put the STA
component in a COM+ Server Application and then set the
identity of the application to the impersonated user.

I also tried hard coding a domain user name and password
in <identity> element in my web.config file but still the
same error !!!