Access denied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Mark, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    From time to time from nowhere I am getting this message
    Access is denied: 'microsoft.web.ui.webcontrols'

    It takes a few minutes then it goes away

    Any idea
    Mark, Feb 4, 2004

  2. this is probably due the indexing service running on the server. turn it off
    to see if that helps.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 5, 2004

  3. Mark

    Mark Goldin Guest

    I will try.
    Are saying that .NET and indexing service are not compatible?

    Mark Goldin, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Not exactly. The indexing service periodically runs in the background
    indexing files. If this run coincides with a .net read, the file will be
    locked and an exception will be thrown.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]