"Access is denied" Error when calling objs from AdminIndexServerCl

JB

Greetings,
I am getting an "Access is denied" Error when calling objects from the
AdminIndexServerClass from an ASP.NET application. I use this object to
perform a simple rescan on a Catalog after file are save to the local disk.
This only works if the users belongs to the local Admin group. The the web
site is setup to use Integrated Windows Authentication and Web.Config is set
to (Server 2003/IIS 6.0/ASP 1.1)

<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<identity impersonate="true"/>

I have this working on an additional site but I have no clue what I did 4
years ago to solve this problem. I have tried various DCOM security settings
on mssearch and played with various WMI rights along with tweaking .NET ASM
Trusts but I have had no positive results...
I have also exhausted searches google and yahoo…there is very little on
security settings pertaining to Indexing Services…

Anything would help at this point...
Thanks for your help!
JB

Bob Barrows [MVP]

JB said:
Greetings,
I am getting an "Access is denied" Error when calling objects from the
AdminIndexServerClass from an ASP.NET application.

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

HTH,
Bob Barrows