"Access is denied" Error when calling objs from AdminIndexServerCl

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by JB, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. JB

    JB Guest

    Greetings,
    I am getting an "Access is denied" Error when calling objects from the
    AdminIndexServerClass from an ASP.NET application. I use this object to
    perform a simple rescan on a Catalog after file are save to the local disk.
    This only works if the users belongs to the local Admin group. The the web
    site is setup to use Integrated Windows Authentication and Web.Config is set
    to (Server 2003/IIS 6.0/ASP 1.1)

    <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    I have this working on an additional site but I have no clue what I did 4
    years ago to solve this problem. I have tried various DCOM security settings
    on mssearch and played with various WMI rights along with tweaking .NET ASM
    Trusts but I have had no positive results...
    I have also exhausted searches google and yahoo…there is very little on
    security settings pertaining to Indexing Services…

    Anything would help at this point...
    Thanks for your help!
    JB

    JB, Aug 29, 2008

  2. JB wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > I am getting an "Access is denied" Error when calling objects from the
    > AdminIndexServerClass from an ASP.NET application.

    recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
    ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
    lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
    question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
    a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    to help you.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --