"Access is denied" error when running schtasks.exe under ASPNET account in win2k3 server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Yehuda Vernik, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I am trying to run schtasks.exe from asp.net application wich uses forms
    authentication under ASPNET account.
    It gives me "Access is denied" error message.
    OS: Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.0

    Info:
    I am able to run the same command line manually using Administrator's
    account on Windows 2003 server.
    I am able to run the same command line programmatically on Windows 2000
    Professional under ASPNET account.
    Impersonation is disabled.
    The password for ASPNET is set and being used in schtasks.exe command line.
    I am able to run other command line apps (like gpg.exe) programmatically on
    on Windows 2003 server using ASPNET account.
    The filesystem privileges are set to allow ASPNET user full control.
    The registry privileges allow ASPNET user to access registry.
    ASPNET is a memeber of Administrators group

    Could you please give me an idea on what else should I check?

    Thanks a lot,

    Yehuda Vernik

    Yehuda Vernik, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Yehuda Vernik

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:02:23 -0400, "Yehuda Vernik" <> wrote:

    ¤ Hi all,
    ¤
[...]

    Windows 2003 Server uses an account called NetworkService instead of ASPNET.

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Oct 19, 2004