Access is Denied Exception using Interop.CAPICOM.dll (or CAPICOM.d

Gary at Arrowpoint

Hi
I'm using CAPICOM.dll v2.1 and followed the instructions for creating a
stong-named dll for use in the GAC. However, now, no matter which CAPICOM
(Interop or regular) I get an "Access is Denied" when the CAPICOM assembly is
first accessed. CAPICOM.dll and Interop.CAPICOM.dll are stored in the
SYSTEM32 directory as instructed in the MSDN article on the subject, but that
seems to be a bad place to keep it, even if putting it into the the GAC.

I've scoured the web and seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't
know what to do with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
Gary Steele