Access java applet using java script - limitations

Sira

Hello ,

I develop a Java applet that access some files in client machine's
hard disk. This applet is a signed one and works fine with Mozilla
Firefox and IE6. Then I create some functions to do the same thing and
try to access the functions through the script. But unfortunately the
applet throws some security exceptions. Can you please help me to
overcome this issue.

What are the limitations with java applet and java script ? Is there
any additional limitations in accessing java applet through
javascript ?

thank You,
Sirama Buwa.