Access Local Folders in ASP.Net Application in Windows Authenticat

Guest

Requirement : We are developing intranet web application in ASP.Net and using
Integrated Windows Authentication to enter into this Web Application. The
requirement is that We need to export some data into excel file and save it
on the server which can be downloaded by users.

Problem: The problem that we are facing is when a user tries to export the
data then "ACCESS DENIED" error is coming. It could be because of Application
tries to save the excel file in the server folder with the logged in user
credential.

1. We tried to give Read/Write permission to this folder to the logged in
user even then the same problem exists.

2. When we tried to impersonate with localadmin user or user who has admin
rights, then it works fine. But for this we need to provide user id with
password in web.config file which is not feasible.

Woul you suggest some solutions for the above problem.

Guest

The "user" on the server side is "ASPNET" (unless you've changed this), so
you need to give that user the rights to write the files somewhere that
everybody else can read (e.g. on a network share).

Bill