access problem with DCOM server written in python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Achim Domma (Procoders), Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have a problem with a DCOM server written in python. Here is my
    minimal test object:

    class TestObject:
    _reg_clsid_ = "{ECDBB3BC-F0BF-4eef-87C0-D179A928DAB5}"
    _reg_progid_ = "DComTest.Object"
    _reg_desc_ = "DComTest.Object"
    _public_methods_ = ['testit']

    def __init__(self):
    pass

    def testit(self): pass

    if __name__=='__main__':
    # register object
    from win32com.server.register import UseCommandLine
    UseCommandLine(TestObject)

    The object is registered on server S and on client C. The user U exists
    on both machines with the same password. Accessing 'normal' C++ COM
    objects from C on S works fine, which means the DCOM is working at all.

    U is able to create the object localy, but accessing my test object via
    DCOM gives me an 'access denied'. I used dcomcnfg to grand U the right
    to start and access the object on S (same settings as for working C++
    objects), but I still get 'access denied'.

    The server was newly setup. The script was working on another setup, but
    I have no idea what might be the differnce.

    BTW: Accessing the object with an admin account works just fine.

    Any hint on how to solve, or at least debug, the problem?

    regards,
    Achim
    Achim Domma (Procoders), Feb 5, 2005