    web.config file. The webserver and the folder machine in the same network.
    I am not able to access that foler. What is the shortest way to do this. So
    that i should able to access the images files from the remote machine.
    Rajesh, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Rajesh

    Prodip Saha Guest

    Rajesh,
    The easiest way to solve this problem is -Mirrored Account.

    If you are using ASPNET (local on web server) account to run the ASP.NET
    application, create another ASPNET(local on file server) account on the
    file/remote server with strong password. You must change the password to run
    the ASP.NET on web server in the machine.config (<ProcessModel> element) to
    macth the paswords.

    You can get additional details at -
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT01.asp

    This was a perfect solution for me since my file server and the web server
    are located on two different domains. Hope this helps.

    Prodip K. Saha
    Programmer Analyst
    EMC Mortgage Corporation

    "Rajesh" <> wrote in message
    > In my ASP.NET application, all the images files are stored on a machine

    other

    Prodip Saha, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Rajesh when u say ur not able to access the FOLDER what do you mean..!
    Is it giving an error..or ur denied access..
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 28, 2004