    can anyone help me with this INTERRUPT HANDLING thing in PYTHON ???
    thanks
    , May 26, 2006

  2. Larry Bates Guest

    pyserial?

    http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/

    -Larry

    Larry Bates, May 26, 2006

    i can use the polling method to check for data on the serial port using
    pyserial...but i need to use the interrupt driven method .....am workin
    on a windows platform ....
    , May 27, 2006

  5. On 2006-05-27, <> wrote:

    > i can use the polling method to check for data on the serial port using
    > pyserial...but i need to use the interrupt driven method .....am workin
    > on a windows platform ....

    I don't think there is any way to so interrupt driven I/O under
    Windows. You can do asynchronous I/O under Windows using the
    normal Win32 FileIO API.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is it 1974? What's
    at for SUPPER? Can I spend my
    Grant Edwards, May 27, 2006
  6. Ingo Haase Guest

    google for win32serialport.py
    may be this is what you want

    I.Haase
    Ingo Haase, May 28, 2006
  7. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >hi
    >i hav written a code in python to send an SMS from a nokia 3310
    >connected to my PC...
    >i wanted to receive a msg on my PC. In order to do so, the PC must know
    >when it has to read data frm the serial port ...thus an interrupt must
    >be generated when the serial port receives data frm the phone .....HOW
    >CAN I DO THIS IN PYTHON ??
    >can anyone help me with this INTERRUPT HANDLING thing in PYTHON ???
    >thanks

    Others have answered your direct question about serial handling.
    Let me urge you to consider investigation of the gnokii and gammu
    projects, which handle MANY other aspects of SMS handling that I
    doubt you want to burden you. There turns out to be depressingly
    more to SMS than you might imagine (although it's just possible
    that you already have almost everything you need for the 3310).

    When researching these two projects, note that gammu is already
    aware of Python, but rather unstably so, and that gnokii's Windows
    story has brightened immensely in the last month.
    Cameron Laird, May 29, 2006