Access/Split style combo box

Guest

I'm looking for a mechanism to do an Access style combo box in ASP.NET.

The data looks something like this:
<data>
<row>
<abbr>ACCT</abbr>
<fulltext>Accounting</fulltext>
</row>
<row>
<abbr>TEST</abbr>
<fulltext>Quality Assurance and Testing</fulltext>
</row>
</data>

What I want is to display the abbr in the combo, and have it only that size,
but when it drops down have a wider drop down that displays both columns.

I'd like to develop this as source code, not use a pre-packaged solution and
am looking to see if anyone has done this before or has any ideas on it.

My current thought is that I put a text box and an image control side by
side, and have a div containing a table. I use a JavaScript to display/hide
the table when the image control is clicked, and then put the data on the
table. I'm not sure if there is a different or better way of doing it, so
I'm looking for ideas.

Kevin Spencer

I think you're on the right track Dave.

--