    What user am I supposed to give access rights to ? My Membership stuff
    is all done via a custom Membership provider which all works OK.

    Am I supposed to put something in webconfig ?

    Ian Semmel, Dec 22, 2007

  2. Hello Ian,

    Check that ASPNET/Network service account has rights to write to this folder

    btw, why do u want to write to this folder?

    ---
    WBR,

    Michael Nemtsev [MVP], Dec 23, 2007

  3. Ian Semmel

    Ian Semmel Guest

    Well, I'm not too sure what the ASPNET/Network service account is. I
    have a web host controlled by Plesk. I can log on to this and setup
    things ok. I can use ftp to write to the folder ok and I can read from
    it in my code.

    I just can't write to it (or to any folder for that matter). I want to
    save my MySql database as xml. It works ok on the local server.

    As you might gather, all I know is how little I know.

    and

    Ian Semmel, Dec 23, 2007
  4. "Ian Semmel" <> wrote in message

    > Well, I'm not too sure what the ASPNET/Network service account is. I
    > have a web host controlled by Plesk. I can log on to this and setup
    > things ok. I can use ftp to write to the folder ok and I can read from
    > it in my code.

    In which case, you need to contact your ISP and ask them to set up your
    site's file permissions correctly... Your site needs write permissions on
    the App_Data folder if it needs to update any of the data files in it...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Dec 23, 2007