access to glibc-2.3 threaded locale API

Guest

Glibc-2.3 has a new thread-aware locale model (explained here:
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/tllocale.ps.gz).

This feature is great in applications such as Zope and Apache/mod_python
were different users could access the same application but with different
locale settings...

Is there Python support for this feature?

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

дамјан г. said:
Is there Python support for this feature?

No, but contributions to wrap newlocale/uselocale/freelocale would be
accepted.

I'm not sure whether all _l functions need to get exposed as well,
though. I'd then rather prefer to have proper "locale" objects (with
isalnum methods etc.); this would require a PEP.

Regards,
Martin