    Files\root\82d26208\ca478f3a" is denied.

    thanks in advance!!!
    george hardy
    George Hardy, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Hello George,

    which OS are you running on?

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Aug 24, 2005

  3. George Hardy

    George Hardy Guest

    my development machine (where this works) is XP,

    when i copy the site to the machine where it doesn't work, it is a Win2003
    Server.

    george

    George Hardy, Aug 24, 2005
  4. George Hardy

    WJ Guest

    "George Hardy" <-nospam> wrote in message
    > my development machine (where this works) is XP,
    >
    > when i copy the site to the machine where it doesn't work, it is a Win2003
    > Server.

    1. "AspNet" and "Network Service" accounts should have write or full control
    to this folder below:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

    2. When you deploy your app to Win2k3, donot copy files to the above folder,
    instead, you deploy them to IIS Virtual folder/directory.

    May be somebody modified your FS by chance ?

    *** By default, when you first install .NetFW v1.1, the system should
    already took care the above folder for you. You really donot have to touch
    it.

    John
    WJ, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Hello George,

    on XP ASP.NET runs under the ASPNET account - under W2K3 under NETWORK SERVICE
    by default (ASPNET is still included). This is configured via the Application
    Pool feature in IIS6.

    There is also a group called IIS_WPG - give this group full control to the
    temp directory - if that works you can lockdown more if you like.

    ---------------------------------------

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Aug 24, 2005
  6. George Hardy

    George Hardy Guest

    ok thanks, i will give it a shot...i might re-install iis too. that only
    takes about 5 minutes anyway.

    thanks a bunch.

    george hardy

    George Hardy, Aug 25, 2005
  7. George Hardy

    George Hardy Guest

    thanks for the info.

    having much better luck now.

    george hardy

    George Hardy, Aug 25, 2005
  8. George Hardy

    Pat Guest

    Good you got Dominick put you through .
    WIN2003 server uses another acct not the same as ASPNET.
    PAtrick

    Pat, Aug 29, 2005