Access to the fileserver from webserver

Guest

Hi!
I suppose this is an easy problem but despite searching through manuals I have not as yet been able to solve it

I have a asp .net web form which needs to access files from our fileserver. The problem is that the IIS and web app are on a different server than the fileserver (both are win2003 servers)
The IIS settings are set to windows authentication, my app has impersonation and windows authentication, yet still I receive an error when trying to access the file list on the fileserver by GetFile method. It reads the following
"Access to the path "\\fileservername\sharename\directoryname\subdirectoryname is denied"
It appears after showing me the typical windows login window, and I am then supposed to LOG ON on the WEB server! After login failure, the error mentioned above apears. But I am not able to log in in any way
I want to use the DirectoryInfo.Getfiles method and I am failing to do so.

Are there any other settings apart from Iis I should change? What are they?
Is this some sort of bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chad Crowder

You'll probably need to set "Trust computer for delegation" on the computer
account of the webserver. You can do this in Active Directory Users and
Computers.

- Chad