Access to the path "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\interez\uploads\jpegImage.txt" is denied.

tshad

How can I fix this error?

I am on an XP and tried to right-click the uploads folder to find the
security tab, but it isn't there.

In IIS6, I have write access checked.

How can I give ASPNET write access to this folder?

Thanks,

Tom

Nick Chan

hi click windows explorer, Tools > View >
there may be an option for you to check to display security
u should be able to see security tab when u right click folder >
properties

Hans Kesting

How can I fix this error?
I am on an XP and tried to right-click the uploads folder to find the
security tab, but it isn't there.

In IIS6, I have write access checked.

How can I give ASPNET write access to this folder?

Thanks,

Tom

That security tab appears only if the drive is formatted as NTFS, not if
it is FAT.
There is a conversion utility to go from FAT to NTFS (not back).

Do you have a "readonly" attribute set on that directory or a parent?

Hans Kesting

tshad

Nick Chan said:
hi click windows explorer, Tools > View >
there may be an option for you to check to display security
u should be able to see security tab when u right click folder >
properties

Under Tools, there is only:
Map Network Drive
Disconnect Network Drive
Synchronize
Folder Options

Tom

tshad

Hans Kesting said:
That security tab appears only if the drive is formatted as NTFS, not if
it is FAT.

I checked and it is NTFS and healty.
There is a conversion utility to go from FAT to NTFS (not back).

Do you have a "readonly" attribute set on that directory or a parent?

The readonly is set on the folder (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\interez\uploads) and
no matter how many times I set it, it goes back to readonly.

I was told that this was normal and the folder is not really readonly (not
sure why).

Thanks,

Tom