    How can I give ASPNET write access to this folder?

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, Sep 20, 2007

  2. tshad

    Nick Chan Guest

    hi click windows explorer, Tools > View >
    there may be an option for you to check to display security
    u should be able to see security tab when u right click folder >
    properties

    Nick Chan, Sep 20, 2007

  3. tshad

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > How can I fix this error?
    >
    > I am on an XP and tried to right-click the uploads folder to find the
    > security tab, but it isn't there.
    >
    > In IIS6, I have write access checked.
    >
    > How can I give ASPNET write access to this folder?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    That security tab appears only if the drive is formatted as NTFS, not if
    it is FAT.
    There is a conversion utility to go from FAT to NTFS (not back).

    Do you have a "readonly" attribute set on that directory or a parent?

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Sep 20, 2007
  4. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Nick Chan" <> wrote in message
    > hi click windows explorer, Tools > View >
    > there may be an option for you to check to display security
    > u should be able to see security tab when u right click folder >
    > properties

    Under Tools, there is only:
    Map Network Drive
    Disconnect Network Drive
    Synchronize
    Folder Options

    Tom

    tshad, Sep 20, 2007
  5. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Hans Kesting" <> wrote in message
    >> How can I fix this error?
    >>
    >> I am on an XP and tried to right-click the uploads folder to find the
    >> security tab, but it isn't there.
    >>
    >> In IIS6, I have write access checked.
    >>
    >> How can I give ASPNET write access to this folder?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>

    > That security tab appears only if the drive is formatted as NTFS, not if
    > it is FAT.

    I checked and it is NTFS and healty.

    > There is a conversion utility to go from FAT to NTFS (not back).
    >
    > Do you have a "readonly" attribute set on that directory or a parent?

    The readonly is set on the folder (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\interez\uploads) and
    no matter how many times I set it, it goes back to readonly.

    I was told that this was normal and the folder is not really readonly (not
    sure why).

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Sep 20, 2007