    Is there any other solution?
    Thanks all
    Jean
    Francesco, Sep 3, 2008

  2. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:14:34 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    said :

    >I have to access by java to a token usb (PKCS11) to see if it's
    >connected or not ...
    >I've got the productor-dll but I'm not able to make it worked because
    >I've passed for JNI so Make my Dll....
    >Is there any other solution?
    >Thanks all

    Java has a PKCS#11 interface, see
    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Sep 3, 2008

  3. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 3 Set, 14:21, Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:14:34 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    > said :
    >
    > >I have to access by java to a token usb (PKCS11) to see if it's
    > >connected or not ...
    > >I've got the productor-dll but I'm not able to make it worked because
    > >I've passed for JNI so Make my Dll....
    > >Is there any other solution?
    > >Thanks all

    > Java has a PKCS#11 interface, seehttp://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide....
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
    my tokenUsb...
    I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...
    Francesco, Sep 3, 2008
  4. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    said :

    >This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
    >my tokenUsb...
    >I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

    I would imagine you need some software from the token vendor, a
    PKCS#11 provider or a C interface you get at via JNI. What
    brand/model of token are you using? I am curious about this because I
    would like to use tokens to control access to subsets of Replicator
    files. See http://mindprod.com/webstart/replicatormanual.html

    Roedy Green, Sep 3, 2008
  5. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 3 Set, 16:39, Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    > said :
    >
    > >This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
    > >my tokenUsb...
    > >I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

    > I would imagine you need some software from the token vendor, a
    > PKCS#11 provider or a C interface you get at via JNI.  What
    > brand/model of token are you using?  I am curious about this because I
    > would like to use tokens to control access to subsets of Replicator
    > files.  Seehttp://mindprod.com/webstart/replicatormanual.html
    >
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    I have a dll (writen c by the productor of the token)... But I can't
    connect to it...
    Francesco, Sep 4, 2008
  6. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 3 Set, 16:39, Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    > said :
    >
    > >This is to make some PKCS11 operation, but I need a way to connect to
    > >my tokenUsb...
    > >I have only .dll but I can't find the way to connect...

    > I would imagine you need some software from the token vendor, a
    > PKCS#11 provider or a C interface you get at via JNI.  What
    > brand/model of token are you using?  I am curious about this because I
    > would like to use tokens to control access to subsets of Replicator
    > files.  Seehttp://mindprod.com/webstart/replicatormanual.html
    >
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    I'm using a Alladin Token Usb
    Francesco, Sep 4, 2008
  7. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:59:23 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
    said :

    >Their main competitor, SafeNet (iKey) might have a Java interface. The
    >iKey 1000 had one, but it has since been cracked, so it is not secure
    >now.

    I have been talking with the iKey people. They don't just post info.
    They want you to talk to sales people. I have done that and am
    awaiting talking to a tech.

    Roedy Green, Sep 4, 2008
  8. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 23:59:17 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    said :

    >I have a dll (writen c by the productor of the token)... But I can't
    >connect to it...

    If anyone is to help you they need to read the docs. Who is the
    producer of the token? Where can you read up on the C interface?

    Roedy Green, Sep 4, 2008
  9. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:00:19 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    said :

    >I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

    the eToken PRO USB?

    Roedy Green, Sep 4, 2008
  10. Francesco

    said :

    >I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

    A have ordered the SDK. Perhaps then I can have a look. How much are
    the tokens?

    Roedy Green, Sep 4, 2008
  11. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 4 Set, 14:21, Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:00:19 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    > said :
    >

    > >I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

    > A have ordered the SDK.  Perhaps then I can have a look.  How much are
    > the tokens?
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    eToken Pro Java 72K OS755
    Francesco, Sep 4, 2008
  12. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    I have to use it on windows so tehere is no problem...
    I try it now...
    Thanks

    Francesco, Sep 4, 2008
  13. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 4 Set, 13:57, Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:00:19 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    > said :
    >
    > >I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

    > the eToken PRO USB?
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    Yes
    Francesco, Sep 4, 2008
  14. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 4 Set, 14:06, "Daniel Dyer" <"You don't need it"> wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 12:57:39 +0100, Roedy Green
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:00:19 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    > > > wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
    > > said :

    > >> I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

    > > the eToken PRO USB?

    > I have worked with these tokens previously.  You can access them using the
    > standard Java KeyStore class, on Windows at least, as long as you have
    > installed the RTE (Runtime Environment) from the vendor (it's available
    >  from their FTP site).  There's no need to use JNI.
    >
    > Dan.
    >
    > --
    > Daniel Dyerhttp://www.uncommons.org

    Using Java KeyStore I can generate, compare, work with the key... I
    only need to see if token is connected and read the user... I have
    already certificate installed on....
    Francesco, Sep 4, 2008
  15. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 05:25:47 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    said :

    >> >I'm using a Alladin Token Usb

    >> A have ordered the SDK.  Perhaps then I can have a look.  How much are
    >> the tokens?
    >> --
    >>
    >> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    >> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    >eToken Pro Java 72K OS755

    They seem to be in the order of $30 to $40.

    Roedy Green, Sep 4, 2008
  16. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:21:22 GMT, Roedy Green
    someone who said :

    >Java has a PKCS#11 interface, see
    >http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide.html

    What happens when you type:

    keytool -keystore NONE -storetype PKCS11 -providerName
    SunPKCS11-SmartCard -list

    all on one line.

    I think a PKCS11 driver broadcasts its existence in a way that Keytool
    and Java can discover it without having to provide some sort of
    address.

    Roedy Green, Sep 5, 2008
  17. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    On 5 Set, 02:05, Roedy Green <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:21:22 GMT, Roedy Green
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    > >Java has a PKCS#11 interface, see
    > >http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/p11guide....

    > What happens when you type:
    >
    > keytool -keystore NONE -storetype PKCS11  -providerName
    > SunPKCS11-SmartCard  -list
    >
    > all on one line.
    >
    > I think a PKCS11 driver broadcasts its existence in a way that Keytool
    > and Java can discover it without having to provide some sort of
    > address.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    I got: KeyTool Error: no Such Provider SunPKCS11-SmartCard
    Francesco, Sep 5, 2008
  18. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:30:04 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
    said :

    >If you have specific questions, let me know

    My application is the Replicator, a program that maintains a mirror of
    a set of files on subscriber client machines using only ordinary HTTP
    protocol.

    I would like to extend it to serve the original requestors, a group of
    internationals drug researchers sharing confidential data. They want
    to be able segregate the database into groups and allow individuals
    access to some subset of those files.

    I thought I might handle it this way.

    I issue thumbdrives to each user, each with an embedded private key,
    that is not changeable or discoverable.

    I encrypt the various sections of the database with a different
    symmetric key. I then send a copy of the keys to the sections of the
    database they are permitted to access to the various subscribers
    encrypted with their public keys.

    The private key cannot be duplicated, though of course I have no
    control of a subscriber sharing decrypted information inappropriately.

    I can cut off access to updates to data, by changing the symmetric key
    of a section of the database and resending the encrypted keys to the
    subscribers via an automated, transparent process. I can also
    re-encrypt and resend data. This blocks further access, though of
    course does not block access to any thing previously decrypted.

    In the world of drug research, participants are very cautious about
    what data they share with whom. Currently, everyone sees everything.
    This inhibits sharing.

    I can't seem to get any information that would let me know how to CODE
    this. All is glowing warm fuzzy sales literature telling me how
    wonderfully secure all will be.

    I presume there must be some sort of PKCS11 driver. I presume there
    is some way I can get it at, much the way I can get at a
    private-public key in a keystore, but some algorithms I request are
    actually computed by the thumbdrive itself. Presumably then the set
    is very limited.

    At the minimum I need a way to decrypt a symmetric key with a fob's
    private key and get the fob to disclose it public key.

    Failing that, I need some one-way mechanism to load the fob with some
    private keys, in a way that is not reproducible or discoverable, and
    have it do some sort of hash/decrypt with them on chip for me later.

    What I would hope to find is COMPLETE sample code for various
    applications, and install instructions for the drivers, or perhaps
    software simulators for the fobs so you experiment with the software
    and the fob's abilities without having to buy a great basket of them
    just to find out what they can do.

    Roedy Green, Sep 5, 2008
  19. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    With JNA I made connection to eTPKCS11.dll (the productor dll) but
    when I do a while cycle of WaitForSlotEvent I can't intercept the
    events of my token USB...
    Anybody have some Java examples of this token with that dll?
    I hope so...
    Thanks
    Francesco, Sep 6, 2008
  20. Francesco

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 00:11:20 -0700 (PDT), Francesco
    said :

    >With JNA I made connection to eTPKCS11.dll (the productor dll) but
    >when I do a while cycle of WaitForSlotEvent I can't intercept the
    >events of my token USB...
    >Anybody have some Java examples of this token with that dll?
    >I hope so...
    >Thanks

    if you send me the DLL and a token, I would be happy to experiment for
    you.

    Roedy Green, Sep 6, 2008