access URL's using asp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by kartheek.bv@gmail.com, Nov 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    i hav opened an URL from my local host using ASP but the problem is
    that i am not able to access the fields in that URL.Here is how it
    goes...............................

    file name : 1asp

    <form name="ass" action="2.asp" method="post">
    <INPUT TYPE = submit VALUE = "SUBMIT">
    </form>

    file name : 2asp

    <%
    set IEObject = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.application")
    IEObject.Left = 75
    IEObject.Top = 75
    IEObject.Width = 400
    IEObject.Height = 300
    IEObject.Menubar = 0
    IEObject.Toolbar = 1
    IEObject.Navigate "http://localhost/myweb1/project/verify.asp"
    IEObject.Visible = 1
    IEObject.document.authority("uname").Value = "mylogin"
    <---The error is here
    %>

    The problem is that i need to fill the text box named "uname" in the
    "verify.asp" file.

    Thanks in advance.........................
    , Nov 28, 2006

  2. Jeff Guest

    along these lines. the java script NG's are quite dead. So if someone can
    steer me in the right direction for this.

    i am creating a popup by clicking on a link. simple enough. what i am having
    a tuff time with, however, is having a form on that popup that will collect
    the user data, and send it to the proper asp page, then close on submit.

    i have the form on the page, but when the submit is clicked, it just blinks
    the pop page, and doesn't submit the data.

    any good places to look for help?
    i couldn't find any that dealt with popup forms
    Jeff, Nov 29, 2006

  3. Evertjan. Guest

    Jeff wrote on 29 nov 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > along these lines.

    Along what lines?

    [please always quote on usenet]

    > the java script NG's are quite dead.

    There are no java script NG's, as Java has no script version.
    however there are quite active Javascript NG's.

    Try news:comp.lang.javascript

    > So if someone
    > can steer me in the right direction for this.

    In this NG only as far as serverside coding is concerned.

    > i am creating a popup by clicking on a link. simple enough. what i am
    > having a tuff time with, however, is having a form on that popup that
    > will collect the user data, and send it to the proper asp page, then
    > close on submit.

    "close on submit" is clientside, so has nothing to do with ASP.
    ASP does have j[ava]script but only serverside.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 29, 2006
  4. Tim Slattery Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote:

    >along these lines. the java script NG's are quite dead. So if someone can
    >steer me in the right direction for this.

    comp.lang.javascript is *very* active.

    >i am creating a popup by clicking on a link. simple enough. what i am having
    >a tuff time with, however, is having a form on that popup that will collect
    >the user data, and send it to the proper asp page, then close on submit.
    >
    >i have the form on the page, but when the submit is clicked, it just blinks
    >the pop page, and doesn't submit the data.
    >
    >any good places to look for help?
    >i couldn't find any that dealt with popup forms

    A popup form is no different from any other form. Closing a window on
    submit is unusual, you may have to have the server send back a small
    HTML file with a Javascript that closes the window when it receives
    the submission:

    window.close();

    --
    Tim Slattery