access URL's using asp

kartheek.bv

i hav opened an URL from my local host using ASP but the problem is
that i am not able to access the fields in that URL.Here is how it
goes...............................

file name : 1asp

<form name="ass" action="2.asp" method="post">
<INPUT TYPE = submit VALUE = "SUBMIT">
</form>

file name : 2asp

<%
set IEObject = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.application")
IEObject.Left = 75
IEObject.Top = 75
IEObject.Width = 400
IEObject.Height = 300
IEObject.Menubar = 0
IEObject.Toolbar = 1
IEObject.Navigate "http://localhost/myweb1/project/verify.asp"
IEObject.Visible = 1
IEObject.document.authority("uname").Value = "mylogin"
<---The error is here
%>

The problem is that i need to fill the text box named "uname" in the
"verify.asp" file.

Thanks in advance.........................

Jeff

along these lines. the java script NG's are quite dead. So if someone can
steer me in the right direction for this.

i am creating a popup by clicking on a link. simple enough. what i am having
a tuff time with, however, is having a form on that popup that will collect
the user data, and send it to the proper asp page, then close on submit.

i have the form on the page, but when the submit is clicked, it just blinks
the pop page, and doesn't submit the data.

any good places to look for help?
i couldn't find any that dealt with popup forms

Evertjan.

Jeff wrote on 29 nov 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
along these lines.

Along what lines?

[please always quote on usenet]
the java script NG's are quite dead.

There are no java script NG's, as Java has no script version.
however there are quite active Javascript NG's.

Try
So if someone
can steer me in the right direction for this.

In this NG only as far as serverside coding is concerned.

i am creating a popup by clicking on a link. simple enough. what i am
having a tuff time with, however, is having a form on that popup that
will collect the user data, and send it to the proper asp page, then
close on submit.

"close on submit" is clientside, so has nothing to do with ASP.
ASP does have j[ava]script but only serverside.

Tim Slattery

Jeff said:
along these lines. the java script NG's are quite dead. So if someone can
steer me in the right direction for this.

comp.lang.javascript is *very* active.
i am creating a popup by clicking on a link. simple enough. what i am having
a tuff time with, however, is having a form on that popup that will collect
the user data, and send it to the proper asp page, then close on submit.

i have the form on the page, but when the submit is clicked, it just blinks
the pop page, and doesn't submit the data.

any good places to look for help?
i couldn't find any that dealt with popup forms

A popup form is no different from any other form. Closing a window on
submit is unusual, you may have to have the server send back a small
HTML file with a Javascript that closes the window when it receives
the submission:

window.close();