access validation info in client script

Velvet

Does anyone know a way to force the client script to preform a client-side
validation for controls in validation groups?

What is currently happening is I have two validation groups (Billing,
CreditCard). The validation doesn't happen until the submit button is
pressed and the server validation happens. I added an OnClickClient event
to the submit button that pops up a comfirm box, but it pops before any
validation happens.

What I would like to do is validate the form with client script and if it's
valid, then pop up the credit card charge confirmation box. Once that's
confirmed then run the server-side validation.

Any one have any ideas or know of an article out there?

Thanks!

Zeba

Does anyone know a way to force the client script to preform a client-side
validation for controls in validation groups?

What is currently happening is I have two validation groups (Billing,
CreditCard). The validation doesn't happen until the submit button is
pressed and the server validation happens. I added an OnClickClient event
to the submit button that pops up a comfirm box, but it pops before any
validation happens.

What I would like to do is validate the form with client script and if it's
valid, then pop up the credit card charge confirmation box. Once that's
confirmed then run the server-side validation.

Any one have any ideas or know of an article out there?

Thanks!

I'm not sure I got you right, and Im rather hesitant to respond as I'm
new to .net & JS myself, but can't you just give a call to a
javascript validate function in the onSubmit . If the validation
succeeds you can give a confirmation box (at the end of the function).
If validation fails or user clicks cancel return false. Else return
true.

Zeba