access web server using raw HTTP...

Satinderpal Singh

Hello Everybody,

How can we request a web server and get the response without using
HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse object.

I mean, how can we access it at a raw level.

Regards
Satinder

Feroze [msft]

You can always formulate a raw HTTP request as follows:

string request = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: <server>\r\n\r\n";

assuming that you have a socket "client" which is connected to the server,
you can do:

byte [] rawbytes = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(request);
client.Send(rawbytes,0,rawbytes.Length, SocketFlags.None);

feroze