Access X509Certificate Store from ASP.net 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ash, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Ash

    Ash Guest

    Hi,

    I have coded a c# dll which accesses my certificate store retrieves a
    certificate and signs some xml using the SignedXml class.
    I wanted a webservice to access this dll and provided a web interface for
    it, however when attempting to sign the xml i get an exception:

    CryptographicExceptin: Keyset does not exist

    This exception is raised when i try to access the private key of the
    X509Certificate2 class.

    My certificates are stored in a separate container with the Local Machine.

    I run a small console application and it works fine, so i am assuming that
    asp.net is having trouble with doing this.

    Thanks

    Ash

    Ash, Jul 24, 2006