Access2000 >> MSDE >> migration route (complexity? | administration? )

jason

Is there a specific path I can follow to upsize my access 2000 database
which has:

20 tables - mixture of primary and foreign tables
20 queries (action, select etc)

Built on top of this access database is a set of front-end ASP pages and
backend administration pages using a combination of stored queries etc.

I am very hesitant about the whole process as I have just my application
working close to how I want it and have no idea of the complexity involved.

I have seen from www.aspfaq.com that there appears to be a free utility
called WEB DATA ADMIN which will allow a web GUI to make add,modifying and
deleting tables or generating queries easier. But, this also appears to be
geared towards the .NET community....true?

I realise there is a 2 gig limit on space - should be fine - but are there
any other problems in using this as a pre-sql server entry point?

Feedback appreciated
Jason

Tom B

If memory serves you should be able to use Access2000 to create a database
in MSDE.

I believe if you create a new Access Project (instead of a database) then
you can connect to your MSDE server, and build the tables etc.

jason

Yeah - I have only tried using projects once before and I ran into
connection problems when I attempted to connect to a remote sql server
database and gave up.

I like the idea - though - it would allow me to hit the ground running.

Was there not a further limitation in actually generating queries in Access
to run inside MSDE or sql server....

Thanks
Jason

How do I handle this aspect?