AccessControlException

guyvo

Hi,

I writing a simple applet which try to connect on a local sever via a simple
AWT button but I get in the actionPerformed following message in my debug
window when i run it in debug (using netbeans 4.1) :

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:6969 connect,resolve)

What is the problem here ?

Thnx
Guy

Malte

guyvo said:
Hi,

I writing a simple applet which try to connect on a local sever via a simple
AWT button but I get in the actionPerformed following message in my debug
window when i run it in debug (using netbeans 4.1) :

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:6969 connect,resolve)

What is the problem here ?

Thnx
Guy
fw?

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

guyvo said:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:6969 connect,resolve)

Are you running an applet? You cannot access any other machines than
the one in "codebase" without signing the applet.

guyvo

Yes it is an applet. Can you pass me some example to sign an applet please
or a link ?

Roland

Are you running an applet? You cannot access any other machines than
the one in "codebase" without signing the applet.

Apart from signing the applet it's also possible to grant the
appropriate permissions (SocketPermission in this case) to it (on the
computer where the applet is going to run in the browser).
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___