    browser*, and then increment the element's font-size in absolute terms?
    Thanks!
    Timo
    Timo, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Re: accessibility: possible to determine browser-chosen point sizeof a relative font-size?

    Well, I have this script that makes a line span the screen size. You can
    ofcourse always do something like document.body.style.fontSize='5cm';
    This would make characters about 5 centimeters high.

    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--

    function calibrate() {
    obj = document.getElementById('sizetest');
    grow(0, obj.offsetHeight);
    }

    function grow(size, rowHeight) {
    size+=10;
    document.body.style.fontSize = size+'px';
    window.setTimeout(
    "growTest("+size+","+rowHeight+");",10);
    }

    function shrink(size, rowHeight) {
    size-=1;
    document.body.style.fontSize = size+'px';
    window.setTimeout(
    "shrinkTest("+size+","+rowHeight+");",10);
    }

    function shrinkTest(size, rowHeight) {
    obj = document.getElementById('sizetest');
    if (obj.offsetHeight>(rowHeight/2)) {
    shrink(size, obj.offsetHeight);

    function growTest(size, rowHeight) {
    obj = document.getElementById('sizetest');
    if (obj.offsetHeight>(rowHeight*2)) {
    shrink(size, obj.offsetHeight);
    } else {
    grow(size, obj.offsetHeight);

    <!-- -->
    </script>

    </head>

    <SPAN id="sizetest">This should span a whole line</SPAN>

    Vincent van Beveren, Jun 14, 2004