Accessibilty problems with <div> and <table>

Luigi Donatello Asero

I am building the website www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
On the page www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
I used tables and div for the layout whereas on the page
www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/testdue.html I tried to use only <div>
for the layout of the menu.
The <div> renders well the position of the menu on the page but I cannot get
buttons on the menu on the left side which really work as such.
On the contrary, on the page www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html I
do get buttons which work but the menu on the left does not start on the
same height as the one on the right.
As a whole, as a person who is concerned about problems of accessibility on
the web I am wondering what it depends on that my buttons work if I use
tables for the layout but do not always work if I use them without tables
although I have heard that one should use tables only for data and not for
the layout.
Last but not least I am wondering whether and in which way the use of tables
respectively <div> for the layout helps search engines to index a page and
whether buttons help or do not help search engines at all.
Best regards

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
[...]

In the past I used frames and I made up my mind to use tables instead of
them to help search engines and Internet users visiting the site.

- -

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenheterhusrumitalien.html