Accessing a control in the EditItemTemplate

Nathan Sokalski

I am trying to access a control in the EditItemTemplate of a DataList in a
usercontrol of mine. In the ItemDataBound event I can simply use

CType(e.Item.FindControl("ddlEditSection"), DropDownList)

But the place that I am trying to access it from right now is not an event
of the DataList, so it does not have e as one of the parameters. What do I
do? Thanks.

marss

Nathan said:
I am trying to access a control in the EditItemTemplate of a DataList in a
usercontrol of mine. In the ItemDataBound event I can simply use

CType(e.Item.FindControl("ddlEditSection"), DropDownList)

But the place that I am trying to access it from right now is not an event
of the DataList, so it does not have e as one of the parameters. What do I
do? Thanks.

e.Item is a row of DataGrid. You can access certain row through Items
collection.
e.g. in C#:
int rowIndex = DataGrid1.EditItemIndex;
DataGrid1.Items[rowIndex].FindControl(..

Regards, Mykola
http://marss.co.ua